Sunday, August 16, 2009

The world through a pair of magic spectacles

I wrote this poem in the 8th class and got my first ever A grade in an English composition. It was that A grade and my parents encouragement that got me started on the path of writing. Since then, I have written several stories / articles - several of which are miserable, I agree. But anyways, the course of history cannot be changed and so here is that poem...


Looking through a pair of magic spectacles,
I saw a man having a lunch of turtles.

The lion piloted the aeroplane,
The six month old drove the car like a hurricane.

Maradona hit a huge six,
Jackson singing classical music got into a fix.

The teacher gave 100 marks for a blank paper,
My father got me a big box of chocolates and wafers.

Kapil Dev was the first to step on a moon,
In the poster, Narasimha Rao held a broom.

Morarji Desai completed his one year,
The dead man drank rum and beer.

The water on heating changed into ice,
For breakfast, I got jam and rice.

I saw a man having a dinner of turtles,
It was fun wearing a pair of magic spectacles.

2 comments:

aizaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aizaz said...

no wonder you were spoilt at a very young age :) :)