Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lekha (Part 1)

The fact that I have not been writing on this blog niether means that my life is going gr8 (in the context of previous blogs) nor that I plan to discard this blog. Simply put, I have lost interest in a lot of things, including writing. So for the net few blogs I will follow a rather "useful" approach. I will post my previous poems or writings on the blog. The description "useful" is not to be interpreted as making my previous writings useful by posting them here. Rather the blog would be useful in preserving the writings. Hopefully, Google servers would not crash or would be backed up to handle such scenarios.

So below is a poem which I had written as a tribute to Dipinder when he left the company (in full time capacity) for higher studies:

Formed a special bond with KritiKal,
First time I heard just the name.
And once I joined KritiKal,
I knew I had caught the right train.

Deadlines, ever demanding clients and that ugly bug,
Only at the last minute which would come,
Did sometime make me feel terrible,
But then the adventure was always fun.

What do you like about KritiKal?
Ask they would searchingly.
Work, culture and freedom, I would bellow,
As the answer was quite obvious for all to see.

Not the above, but the people around you, is who matter,
Did it finally dawn,
When I came to know,
That Dipinder would be shortly gone.

I could fill reams describing your qualities,
But I will not describe thee,
Because the same words I use to express myself,
When used to describe you, will limit me.

God has blessed you,
With the powers to bless others,
May you bring about the positive changes, as in us,
With all you interact in your endeavors.

It was a pleasure to work with you,
And I hope we do work again,
But even if we don't, pray I to God,
Friends forever we do remain.

No comments: