Saturday, June 28, 2008

Uphaar

I was in my first year when Akka got married around seven years ago. Then I was definitely not as independent as I am now. But I am sure I was just as dumb or maybe dumber. Even though she got engaged in December and her marriage was in March, I could not think of anything to gift her. Mummy and Daddy selected some items which were to be gifted in my name. And yes I needed their help - in the worst case financially - to give Akka a marriage gift. But what surprises me now is that I could not think of anything to gift her. Nothing at all! Probably I was really really dumb. Or not so after all. When I am not able to think of something better, I fallback to my worst case options : writing poems. Plus point is that my poems are mostly successful in touching the person for whom they are written. And above all I dont have to pay for it ;). So here is the poem that I gifted to Akka and Bawa on their marriage.

Dear Kumar, my brother-in-law,
The term (brother-in-law) is big and that's a flaw.
A shorter, cuter name is BIL (brother-in-law),
But shall call you so, only if you will.

Thought of gifts ideal, but wildly,
Some weren't appealing, some were costly,
The gift I give, is not thought of well,
But the next time I give, it shall be very special.

Oh! But I did forget one thing,
Proudly I say, that I do bring,
And present to you, my sister as your bride,
What a better gift could you ask and could I provide.

No comments: